National Essentials Skills Survey (NESS)
It may be helpful to print these directions before beginning the survey.
These instructions aid you in completing the National Essential Skills Survey. The National Essential Skills Survey is designed to gain your opinions on what curricular goals you feel are most important for the subject areas of English, Math, Science and Social Studies. There are four separate surveys, one for each of the aforementioned areas. You will need to repeat the process below for each of the four surveys. We request that you complete all four surveys as we value and appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your time.
- Click link http://www.leadered.com/ness.html
- Scroll down about half way (second paragraph) and click on the words "click here"
- Choose the subject area you wish to complete first; English, Math, Science, or Social Studies and click on it
- Select Pennsylvania from the drop down list and click Next
- Choose Chestnut Ridge High School from the next drop down list and then click Next
- Enter your e-mail address and click on the box to the right if you would like to receive results from the study
- Choose "Your Position" from the next drop down list
- As directions then state "choose at least 20 but not more than 30 topic statements you believe are most important."
- After clicking on at least 20 but not more than 30, go back to the top of the screen and click on "Submit". ***(NOTE: Your "Progress" is shown at the top of the screen, showing how many items you have chosen)
Please choose the next subject area you would like to complete and then follow the above steps; 6-11.
Once you have completed all four subject areas or the areas you choose, just close the internet site.
Thank you again for your time!